Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Populating cross reference table

Hi all,
I have got a situation, where i have to create a table in the staging for look up purpose.
Here is the scenario.....Lets take Table A as source table, Table B as Target table and Table C as staging table.
** ID column of Table B is Identity column.
Table A                                                                              Table B

-----------------------------------------                                       ---------------------------
|    A_Code   |     Description       |                                       |       ID   |    B_Code   |
-----------------------------------------                                        ---------------------------
|         a   |     Australia              |                                       |         1   |       a      |
-----------------------------------------                                       ---------------------------
|         g   |     Germany              |                                       |         2   |       g      |

Table C
--------------------------------------------------------
|       A_Code   |       ID      |     Description    |
--------------------------------------------------------
|         a           |      1         |  Australia          |
---------------------------------------------------------  
|         g           |      2         |  Germany          |
---------------------------------------------------------
So first we insert one record from table A to Table B, the inserted record will generate an id (as ID is Identity column) , that id should be inserted in the staging table C with it corresponding Table A related values. Table C in staging should look like above, in my job i am not able to retrieve the last inserted record inserted in Table B.
I tried by taking Max of the Table B but didn't worked some mismatch happend when testing with different scenario.
I also tried tMSSQLLastInserted but its throwing exception(NullPointerException).
Can anybody help me to achieve this??
Labels (2)
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi pats.7pk,
Did you use tMap to join your source table A and staging table C? Could you please show us your current job design?
Best regards
Sabrina