Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexhug
Contributor
Contributor

Possible bug tSalesforceOutputBulkExec with multiline content

Hello,

I am working on a migration job where we transfer Email bodies into Salesforce Task object. The Body goes into teh description field, as the this is a long text field, also supporting line breaks.

The individual messages can have several kb in size, so with a row commit level of 5000 the size limit of 10MiB is reached for some batches.

To my understanding, in this case, the batch is limited by the 10MiB, not by the 5000 rows. At least the uploaded request chunk is never exceeding this limit.

BTW the default value of the component is 10MB =10,485,760 bytes , whereas the real limit is 10MiB = 10,000,000 bytes, should be adapted as well in the future...

You will get an error message in some cases like:

InvalidBatch : Failed to parse CSV. Exceeded max file size: 10000293. Max file size in characters should be less than or equal to 10000000

But with correct batch size limit, some batches wont get processed, instead I get the following error message:

InvalidBatch : Failed to parse CSV. EOF reached before closing an opened quote

Inspecting the request, the body of the email is "cut", just before the row where the 10MiB limit is reached.

I think Talend does not respect multi-line content. This is something the component should handle in a smarter way.

I think this should be fixed within the component on Talend side?

Any suggestions is welcome, except adjusting row size until no loading errors occur.

Thanks, Alex

Labels (3)
0 Replies