Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
User16297351180015915241

[PostgreSQL] Creating a connection without defining a schema

Hi,

I'm currently using Talend Open Studio for Data Integration (7.3.1.20200219_1130) on a Windows 10 computer.

We have a database in PostgreSQL which uses schema to organise tables. Some table have the same name in multiple schema.

I would have hope to use a single connection to be able to read all the tables in this database.

When I create a new connection, I can connect to the database just fine without specifying the schema.

But, when I try to "Retrieve Schema", I then cannot import tables with the same name in different schema. [

2021-08-24 15_44_32-Schema.png]

Worst, if I import some tables this way, then, the "Query" section of the tDBInput auto-generate wrong query, because it tries to select from "database.table" instead of "database.schema.table" [2021-08-24 15_51_03-Talend Open Studio for Data Integration (7.3.1.20200219_1130) _ entrepot (Connec.png]

I feel like it should be possible to use a connection without precising the schema. Then, all the available schemas should be made available and the queries should build knowing which schema the table is a child of.

I missing something?

Is this a short coming / bug of TOS?

Do I have to create a connection for each schema of my database?

Thanks for your time!

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

You need to specify the schema name, and use context variable in the schema field so that the schema name can be loaded from somewhere again whenever the job is executed.

Regards

Shong