Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mat2121
Contributor III
Contributor III

Problem with jobserver job generation

Hi,
we've just installed and confgured the jobserver and commandLine on different servers.
Now I've a made a very simple job to test the execution on the jobserver, but when I try to generate it, I get this error :

java.lang.RuntimeException: org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorException: java.io.IOException: unable to create directory '/opt/Talend-JobServer-20141207_1530-V5.6.1/TalendJobServersFiles/task_3'
at org.talend.commandline.command.ExtensionCommandSwitch.caseExtensionServerCommand(ExtensionCommandSwitch.java:148)
at org.talend.commandline.client.command.extension.AbstractExtensionCommandSwitch.doSwitch(AbstractExtensionCommandSwitch.java:31)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandProcessorSwitch.caseExtensionCommand(CommandProcessorSwitch.java:161)
at org.talend.commandline.client.util.CommandAbstractSwitch.doSwitch(CommandAbstractSwitch.java:70)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandConsumer.executeCommand(CommandConsumer.java:57)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandConsumer.execute(CommandConsumer.java:35)
at org.talend.commandline.mode.ServerCommandLine$CommmandConsumerRunnable.run(ServerCommandLine.java:139)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorException: java.io.IOException: unable to create directory '/opt/Talend-JobServer-20141207_1530-V5.6.1/TalendJobServersFiles/task_3'
at org.talend.commandline.util.JobHandler.export(JobHandler.java:252)
at org.talend.commandline.command.execute.BuildJobExecuteCommand.execute(BuildJobExecuteCommand.java:109)
at org.talend.commandline.command.ExtensionCommandSwitch.caseExtensionServerCommand(ExtensionCommandSwitch.java:146)
... 7 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: unable to create directory '/opt/Talend-JobServer-20141207_1530-V5.6.1/TalendJobServersFiles/task_3'
at org.talend.repository.documentation.ArchiveFileExportOperationFullPath.checkDestinationParentFolder(ArchiveFileExportOperationFullPath.java:283)
at org.talend.repository.documentation.ArchiveFileExportOperationFullPath.initialize(ArchiveFileExportOperationFullPath.java:260)
at org.talend.repository.documentation.ArchiveFileExportOperationFullPath.run(ArchiveFileExportOperationFullPath.java:317)
at org.talend.commandline.util.JobHandler.export(JobHandler.java:250)
... 9 more

When I try to create a folder manually with the user wich runs the jobserver, there is no problem.
Now I've seen that I can specify a username and password in the configuration section in TAC.
What is the purpose of this ? Do the specified user have to exists as a linux user on the jobserver machine ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi mat2121 ,

Did you follow up online document:TalendHelpCenter:Installing and configuring JobServers to install and configure your job server?
Could you please also indicate the build version you are using?

Best regards
Sabrina
mat2121
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,
yes we followed the provided instructions.
We are using the following builds :
[list=*]
  • Talend-Tools-Studio-20141207_1530-V5.6.1

• Talend-JobServer-20141207_1530-V5.6.1

• Thanks
    mat2121
    Contributor III
    Contributor III
    Author

Update :
    I've changed the Job generation folder and now I've another exception when trying to generate the job.
    commandLine logging :

>FULL BUILD STATS for: .Java
    >   compiled 58691 lines in 1316ms:44598.0lines/s
    >   parse: 410 ms (31.1%), resolve: 545 ms (41.4%), analyze: 111 ms (8.4%), generate: 216 ms (16.4%)

!ENTRY org.talend.commandline 4 0 2015-07-10 14:27:30.252
    !MESSAGE Connection reset
    !STACK 0
    java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
           at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:118)
           at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:138)
           at java.io.FilterOutputStream.write(FilterOutputStream.java:77)
           at java.io.FilterOutputStream.write(FilterOutputStream.java:125)
           at org.talend.commandline.client.util.FileTransferHandler.sendFile(FileTransferHandler.java:73)
           at org.talend.commandline.cli.CommandLineHandler.executeClientCommand(CommandLineHandler.java:743)
           at org.talend.commandline.cli.CommandLineHandler.process(CommandLineHandler.java:245)
           at org.talend.commandline.cli.CommandLineHandler.execute(CommandLineHandler.java:196)
           at org.talend.commandline.cli.CommandLineHandler.execute(CommandLineHandler.java:171)
           at org.talend.commandline.mode.ShellServerHandler.start(ShellServerHandler.java:51)
           at org.talend.commandline.mode.ServerCommandLine$ClientWorker.run(ServerCommandLine.java:172)
           at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Below you can see that the administration console can contact the commandLine and the jobserver which are both on the same host.
    Could it be a communication problem between the jobserver and the commandLine ? How can we verify that ?
    The architecture looks like this : HOST-A(TAC) <---> HOST-B(JobServer <--> CommandLine)

Thanks