Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KelseyS
Contributor
Contributor

Propagate child result with dynamic job?

I have a Talend Studio job where I am calling a dynamic child job based on the type of file processed. All the potential child jobs contain a tLogCatcher -> tBufferOutput where I am trying to get some tWarn messages back to the parent job. All child job outputs use the same standard tLogCatcher schema.

However, when using a dynamic job, there is no advanced option to "Propagate the child job result to the output schema" like there is when using a static child job. Therefore, I am not receiving any warnings out of the tRunJob component in my parent job. How can I propagate warnings to the parent job from a child job tLogCatcher when using a dynamic child job?

Labels (4)
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kelsey Scribner​ , it doesn't support to retrieve data from tBufferOutput when using a dynamic job, you will get the error as below:

when tRunJob runs in an independent process, it can't extract datas from tBufferOutput of child job.

As a workaround, use runIf connector to trigger different child job based on condition you define in advance. For example:

tJava1--runIf1--tRunJob1

--runIf2--tRunJob2

Regards

Shong