Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Read/Extract Data Mainframe

Hi,
I just wonder how do i wants to extract data from mainframe?
I got the data as text file that do not contain any delimiter? Is there any way Talend can handle this matter?
Plz help me 0683p000009MPcz.png

Rgds,
Kal
Labels (2)
26 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
So your problem is how to extra data from text file that do not contain any delimiter? I have designed a demo job as follows:
id name
1 shong
2 sabrina
tfileinputdelimited-->tLogrow
Is that what you need? Or Is your file fixed_length?
Would you give us an example of your source file(without delimiter)
see pics
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sabrina,
I'm not sure that is accurate resolution since i received encoded data that contain of number in the whole file like '321900000000000003000000440300' and i need to break it accurately so that this encoded data can be translated properly.
According to user they retrieve info from mainframe (not sure what it is) and convert it into textfile with encoded info and that's why nobody can understand the info and only after translate it back to analog.
I'm personally hard to explain.... 0683p000009MPcz.png

Regards,
Kal
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
The info about your requirement is a little for us. Would you get more info from user? Do you mean the data "321900000000000003000000440300" is ASCII? and encoding it into UTF8 or others? Need your confirmation.
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sabrina,
I am Kal colleague. The data is in ASCII code.
You have any idea on that?
Regards,
Omie
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
What is your expected result? Encoding the ASCII code into what type? I think we can support encoding ASCII code in Talend.
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Our expected result is to translate it to readable text. Talend can do so?
Regards,
Omie
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
I have designed a demo job using component tChangefileEncoding and converting "ASCII" into "UTF-8". The result is "3.219E+29". Is it the readable test you mentioned? What's more, you can use "Custom" option to custom which type you want.
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sabrina,
I try already but the output is still same data in code view.
Regards,
Omie
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Would you mind sending your screenshot on the forum, just like what i give to you in #8, and i need take a look in your job.
Best regards
Sabrina