Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sszzxx
Contributor III
Contributor III

Reading param context from an excel sheet

Hi All,

I have a job where it is taking 3 context param from an excel sheet:

1. .schema file

2. Data File

3. Output File

I was thinking if it's possible to take these 3 context from a .xls file as it is running for mutiple times.

The .xls file will have these information and there's like thousand over information and I do not want having to change the context_param manually each time.. :

Is there a way we can automate the job to take the context param from the excel sheet and run it?

SCHEMA DATA_FILE OUTPUT
I:\Schema\users.schema I:\Data_File\users_data.txt I:\Output\Output1.txt
I:\Schema\users1.schema I:\Data_File\users1_data.txt I:\Output\Output2.txt

Any help would be great, thanks.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vapukov
Master II
Master II

generally - yes

variant 1 - read file with Input component and connect it to tFlowToIterate

tFlowToIterate automatically store each column to the global variable.

then do all other steps as iteration. You will have a loop for each row, on each iteration you can use correspondent values with (example) (String)globalMap.get("row1.SCHEMA")

variant 2 - same but with context variable. Little more complicated. You will need to create a loop for reading file row by row and store values to context variable from single row in the iteration. But variant 1 do absolutely same tasks

View solution in original post

1 Reply
vapukov
Master II
Master II

generally - yes

variant 1 - read file with Input component and connect it to tFlowToIterate

tFlowToIterate automatically store each column to the global variable.

then do all other steps as iteration. You will have a loop for each row, on each iteration you can use correspondent values with (example) (String)globalMap.get("row1.SCHEMA")

variant 2 - same but with context variable. Little more complicated. You will need to create a loop for reading file row by row and store values to context variable from single row in the iteration. But variant 1 do absolutely same tasks