Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GP1608113771
Contributor II
Contributor II

Regarding Java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError

Can anyone please help me with this issue. I have installed the Talend studio (Talend Data Fabric 7.3.1) successfully. But when i tried connecting to Azure SQL database using tDBInput component , it showed me an error that jar "mssql-jdbc.jar" is missing. Since the download button is disabled.

Please see the below snapshot showing that download button is disabled

0693p00000AbdhZAAR.png

I manually downloaded the jar "mssql-jdbc-8.4.0.jre11" and pointed it to the component. When i executed my Talend job it showed following error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/microsoft/sqlserver/jdbc/SQLServerDriver has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 59.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 55.0 at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method) at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:1017) at java.base/java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:174) at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.defineClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:800) at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.findClassOnClassPathOrNull(BuiltinClassLoader.java:698) at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClassOrNull(BuiltinClassLoader.java:621) at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:579) at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:178) at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:522) at java.base/java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) at java.base/java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:315) at psc_co_biopharm.test_job_0_1.Test_job.tDBInput_2Process(Test_job.java:727) at psc_co_biopharm.test_job_0_1.Test_job.runJobInTOS(Test_job.java:1458) at psc_co_biopharm.test_job_0_1.Test_job.main(Test_job.java:1240)

So, i tried a work around . Used tlibraryload component to import the jar "mssql-jdbc-8.2.1jre11". It worked and i was able to query the Azure SQL database.

0693p00000AbdheAAB.png

But using tlibraryload is not the best practice, could someone please tell me how to point this version of jar "mssql-jdbc-8.2.1jre11" directly to component.

I tried loading this jre via windows->show_view->Modules. But it showing that "This module is already installed with the maven URI"

0693p00000AbdhjAAB.png

Kindly help me and advise how to point this version of jar "mssql-jdbc-8.2.1jre11" directly to component.

Labels (3)
12 Replies
Prakhar1
Creator III
Creator III

Hi @Gopinath P​ ,

The issue can be of firewall so check if it is working fine or not.

Also refer to below thread of same issue.

https://community.talend.com/s/feed/0D53p00007vCs8rCAC

Let me know if something more needed from my end.

GP1608113771
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Prakhar.

The issue got resolved its working in TMC as well. "The Network Adapter could not establish the connection." issue was because of pointing the job to a wrong Remote engine.

I got to know the correct Remote engine from Admin team and ran the job. It worked 🙂

Thanks much for your help.

Prakhar1
Creator III
Creator III

Great.. glad to help​