Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reject Table Best Practice

Hi,

I would like some advice on my design, if it meets best practice or is missing any design functions or will cause any potential issues.

I have an input from a Sybase component, 

The schema from the input is a mix of Varchars and Integers, and i have a MSSQLOuput which the data is loaded into.

Now, i am trying to capture any records that are rejected due to schema differences. For example loading a '?' value into an Integer.

This was quite straight forward when inputting from a CSV (tfileInputdelimited) as you can create a reject row directly from the tfileunputdelimited, however this option does not exist for sybaseinput.

If i try and pass '?' as a value for testing purposes, as the Schema for sybaseinput has been set to integer for that field it will cause the input component to fail, before i get a chance to reject the record. There is no "untick die on error" option for sybaseinput that i have found.

The solution that i came up with is to input everything as a string, then use a tconvert to convert Strings to Integers, then load that data. I am not looking to do any transformation on the fields, just load them as is. Is anyone able to poke any holes in the below solution? Thanks

0683p000009LzxZ.jpg0683p000009LzxQ.jpg

0683p000009Lzxe.jpg

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

This should be fine. You can also try tschemacheckcompliance component  also which will verify whether the input records are adhering to the input schema.

https://help.talend.com/reader/KxVIhxtXBBFymmkkWJ~O4Q/NVW3bNLQnpT4TsZS~Qgj7Q

If the reply has helped you, could you please mark the topic as resolved? Kudos are also welcome.

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

This should be fine. You can also try tschemacheckcompliance component  also which will verify whether the input records are adhering to the input schema.

https://help.talend.com/reader/KxVIhxtXBBFymmkkWJ~O4Q/NVW3bNLQnpT4TsZS~Qgj7Q

If the reply has helped you, could you please mark the topic as resolved? Kudos are also welcome.

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi