Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Relational data insert

Hello experts,

looking for best possible approaches for the below scenario.

I have one source contains denormalized data like ( customerid, prouductid, paymentid and too many columns for details).

The idea is: load the data into three table like customer, product and payment from the above one table.

but: i need to load customer table first and get the primarykey(identity) and productid for inserted record -> and send those product ID to where clause of another extraction to extract products of this inserted customer and -> insert customerprimarykey and productid into Product table.

i tried using tMap but it the extraction taks all records and join and give expected result.

But it takes too long as i have 10m records: 

i want to pass the product id from inserted customer table to Product extraction query at run time once the customer flow complted.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

Yes it is possible using tmap, first you need to take unique custid and load into customer table while inserting generate cus_key in tmap and in another job load products information ,do look-up with customer table and source to get cust_key.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

I suggest you to create a each job for each table and do the look-up to the key where it is required but you need to execute the jobs in order like parent table first and then child table next.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Dear Mano,

Thank you for replyimng.

I am doing the same and works fine but, the issue is

job1:

Source -> load only customer id and name into destination customer table "Customer" ( pkey, cusid,...)

job2:

Source -> select only products for cusid inserted from job1 and do rest.

what i want is:

job2 select query let say:

now: select productid from Source -> tmap gives inserted customer cusid and do the lookup 

what is happening : the select query take all records and do the lookup and give only related record

but it takes too long

what needs: pass the inserted cusid from job1 to where clause of job2

manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

What is your target do? I
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

target insert only: 

job1: insert customer info to customer table

job2: insert product info along with pk of the customer table into product table

job1: source query: select cusid from source_tbl

job2: source query: select productid from source_tbl where cusid=job.customer.cusid (want to achieve)

can i save all the inserted cusid to file and then pass the file values to where condition of job2 query?

if so pls advise the approach

manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

You can save into file and you need to read that file and pass record by record how many customerid will you have? What the target database Type?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thank you Mano for your time.

bit detail:

step1: loads 1m customer info to customer table ( cus_pk, cus_id, cus_contact). note: cus_pk is identity column 

step2: load the product into product tables which has relation with customer. (pro_pk, cus_key, p_name) note: pro_pk is identity column

source table: 

cus_id | cus_contact | pro_id | pro_name

100 | C1 | 98 | MB_GR1

100 | C1 | 99 | MB_GR2

destination:

Parent table: customer 

cus_pk | cus_id

1 | 100

Child table: product

pro_pk | cus_key 

1 |1

2 |1

will it be possible using tMap?

manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

Yes it is possible using tmap, first you need to take unique custid and load into customer table while inserting generate cus_key in tmap and in another job load products information ,do look-up with customer table and source to get cust_key.