Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sushantk19
Creator
Creator

Remote engine timezone change to handle DST changes

hello All,

I have a requirement to start my DW Load after midnight. This job runs daily after midnight presently for 5 to 6 hours.

I work in CET time zone. My IT team has configured the remote engine on Remote server as per UTC time zone.

My requirement is to extract all the orders which get completed the previous day till midnight(23:59:59) and then start the DW load after 12 midnight.

So to handle this scenario, i scheduled my job at 1.10 am CET so that UTC time is always after midnight as my jobs run on remote engine.

My question is can we change the remote engine time settings and have the engine run as per CET and not UTC to handle the Day Light saving(DST) changes? OR i can handle this in Talend studio code/TMC settings somehow?

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

You can change the timezone in the job, for example, I write this code on a tJava in my job.

java.util.TimeZone.setDefault(java.util.TimeZone.getTimeZone("America/Los_Angeles"));

Hope it helps!

Regards

Shong

sushantk19
Creator
Creator
Author

i have used another function in talend to implement this logic.this is handled now.