Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Replacement for Google AdWords component tGoogleAdWordsReports development has been started

I have just started the development of the replacement of the tGoogleAdWordsReports component. The new component will be named tGoogleAdsQueryInput and will work with the new Google Ads API.

Sorry for the late start but I am not working currently in the field of Google AdWords so I was not aware that Google has changed to a complete new API and sunset the old SOAP based API.

I hope I will finish the first results end of this month. It would be very helpful if someone could help in testing and provide a test account. I have actually a test account but this account has no data because no campaigns.

If someone would help here it would be great.

I will provide a Github repository in the next days, when I have the first running classes.

Best regards

Jan Lolling

Labels (4)
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Good news!@Jan Lolling​ , hope more people see this post.

Regards

Shong

dogleg69
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Jan. I will help test the new Google Ads report component.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have just published the first code here: https://github.com/jlolling/talendcomp_tGoogleAdsQueryInput

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, thats great. Tomorrow I will write first tests. It would be great to have properties for a service account or user account.

Lets stay in contact: jan.lolling@gmail.com

Phone: +49 175 5618141

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

With the help of dogle69 I have solved the login issues and was able to run the first simple reports. Now I am working on the Talend integration.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Bad news

I have just stopped the development. Google does not allow me to have a developer token to test the code with my own Google Ads data and the API is really hard to use for Talend because there are no reflective methods to map the configured expected fields to the incoming data. If one wants to continue here, feel free. Google allows only applications in which they can clearly see what the code will do and a generic solution could perhaps only developed by a company agreeing with some restrictions or contracts with Google. It is certainly a kind of security measurement but prevents me from developing.

Sorry dear Talend developers.

dogleg69
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for looking into this Jan. I appreciate the time you spent on it.

gjeremy1617088143

really sad news, thanks for the time you spend on it