Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidKELLER
Contributor
Contributor

[Resolved] Impossible to build a Job using tESBConsumer with JDK-11 and TOS 7.3.1 => work with 74.1-M4

Hello All

I just design a simple project using tESBConsumer component and when I try to build it I have this error :

"The type javax.xml.soap.SOAPFault cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files"

What can I do ?

Thanks a lot 🙂 !

Best regards,

David

Labels (2)
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

It looks like the Job is using the wrong configuration for the JRE.

The location is set to: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk11_***\bin

The location should be set to: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk11_****

Could you please try to go to studio, navigate to Window > Preferences > Java > Installed JREs and remove '\bin' from the value in the Location column to see if it works?

Best regards

Sabrina

DavidKELLER
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Dear Sabrina,

I

do not put bin sub dir, as you can see in the screen capture :

0693p00000Aa8aLAAR.pngWhen I build using different JDK:

With AdoptJDK 8 => OK

With AdoptJDK 11 => KO

With AdoptJDK 15 => KO

On stackoverflow I found this article, explaing that  javax.xml.soap was removed since JDK version 11 :

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52502189/java-11-package-javax-xml-bind-does-not-exist

What can I do ?

Thanks a lot.

Kind regards,

David

DavidKELLER
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Dear Sabrina,

I found a way to build the projet, by addind this dependency in the Default POM.xml of the project:

<dependencies>

<dependency>

<groupId>javax.xml.soap</groupId>

<artifactId>javax.xml.soap-api</artifactId>

<version>1.4.0</version>

</dependency>

</dependencies>

Tested with :

• AdoptJDK 8.0.275.1-hotspot : OK
  • AdoptJDK 11.0.9.101-hotspot : OK
  • AdoptJDK 15.0.1.9-hotspot : KO (but It is another issue: Incompatible conditional operand types Exception and TDieException)
  • Zulu-8.50.0.1017: OK
  • Zulu-11.43.1015 : OK

0693p00000Aa8eSAAR.png 

Is there another way to do it ?

Best regards,

David

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Talend has added support for OpenJDK as from the 7.1.1 version. See the documentation

TalendHelpCenter: Compatible Java Environments

Is it possible for you to use oracle JDK 11 or OpenJDK 11 zulu?

In the documentation we provide a list of Java platforms that are supported, in the sense that we do provide an SLA and technical support for them. This doesn't mean other (non-listed) Java platforms will not work but simply we won't necessarily be equipped to help you with any issue you may face with them.

Best regards

Sabrina

DavidKELLER
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello,

As you can see on my last post, I have checked the "Compatible Java Environments"

0693p00000AaHj2AAF.png 

I have downloaded on my computer :

• Zulu-8.50.0.1017
  • Zulu-11.43.1015

Then :

• open a new project
  • add tESBConsumer component
  • launch the build
  • And with this 2 JDK, I have the same error : "The type javax.xml.soap.SOAPFault cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files"

Best regards,

David

DavidKELLER
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello,

Build is now ok.

But can not run it : I have a new error similar to TESB-29280 :

Exception in component tESBConsumer_1 (Import_CSV)

org.apache.cxf.interceptor.Fault: NAMESPACE_ERR: Tentative de création ou de modification d'un objet incorrecte par rapport aux espaces de noms.

at test_csv.import_csv_0_1.Import_CSV$GenericConsumer.invoke(Import_CSV.java:944)

at test_csv.import_csv_0_1.Import_CSV.tFileList_2Process(Import_CSV.java:5017)

at test_csv.import_csv_0_1.Import_CSV.tFileList_1Process(Import_CSV.java:4448)

at test_csv.import_csv_0_1.Import_CSV.runJobInTOS(Import_CSV.java:6135)

at test_csv.import_csv_0_1.Import_CSV.main(Import_CSV.java:5926)

Caused by: org.w3c.dom.DOMException: NAMESPACE_ERR: Tentative de création ou de modification d'un objet incorrecte par rapport aux espaces de noms.

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.dom.ElementNSImpl.setName(ElementNSImpl.java:153)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.dom.ElementNSImpl.<init>(ElementNSImpl.java:84)

at com.sun.xml.internal.messaging.saaj.soap.impl.ElementImpl.<init>(ElementImpl.java:98)

at com.sun.xml.internal.messaging.saaj.soap.impl.ElementFactory.createElement(ElementFactory.java:82)

at com.sun.xml.internal.messaging.saaj.soap.SOAPDocumentImpl.createElement(SOAPDocumentImpl.java:98)

at com.sun.xml.internal.messaging.saaj.soap.impl.ElementImpl.createElement(ElementImpl.java:396)

at com.sun.xml.internal.messaging.saaj.soap.impl.ElementImpl.addChildElement(ElementImpl.java:305)

at org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.saaj.SAAJStreamWriter.createElementNS(SAAJStreamWriter.java:223)

at org.apache.cxf.staxutils.W3CDOMStreamWriter.createAndAddElement(W3CDOMStreamWriter.java:166)

I use the 7.3.1 (built in 02-2020) and this bug seems to be fixed in end of June with R2020-06

ie. https://help.talend.com/reader/kPz9vtrg0sgYzMcXhNO2rA/udXHrdQUjxmMWU~Hm9efIg

So I have to wait the next release in 02-2021 to use your application ?

Thanks for all,

Best regards,

David

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Are you getting this similar issue with TESB-29280? This jira issue is fixed in V 7.4.1, 7.3.1-R2020-06

The released version talend open studio V 7.4.1​ will be available at the beginning of Feb, 2021.0693p00000AaaHRAAZ.png

DavidKELLER
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello,

I did not have access to JIRA ticket.

I downloaded 7.4.1-M4 here https://sourceforge.net/projects/talend-studio/files/Talend%20Open%20Studio/ , and it looks great 🙂 !

I tested with 7.4.1-M4 + Zulu11 (also with AdoptJDK11) and it works : build and run.

But for the build, I still need put this in the default POM.xml of the project :

<dependencies>

<dependency>

<groupId>javax.xml.soap</groupId>

<artifactId>javax.xml.soap-api</artifactId>

<version>1.4.0</version>

</dependency>

</dependencies>

You make my day 🙂 !

Best regards,

David