Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stephbzr
Contributor III
Contributor III

Return to the tFileList when the processing of one of the files is not successful

Hello,

I have developed a Talend job that applies the same processing for each iteration of a file from the tFileList. In this processing, there is a step where I check the file information. When an error in a file is found (boolean context variable passes false but it is set to true by default in the context), a tDie is executed and the Talend job stops.

Today, I would like to make an evolution that when an error is found then the processing stops ONLY for the current file, but the job continues with the next file found in the tFileList. Because let's say I have 10 files to process in a folder, I don't want to compromise the integration of 9 files for 1 incorrect file.

How can I do this?

Here is an overview of my job. 

0695b00000UyZzdAAF.png 

Thank you for your ideas

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Move the process of file to a child job, use a tRunJob to call the child job and pass the current file path to child job, uncheck the 'die on error' option on tRunJob, this will make the main job continue to iterate next file even though the child job has an error and stop the execution of next components.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Move the process of file to a child job, use a tRunJob to call the child job and pass the current file path to child job, uncheck the 'die on error' option on tRunJob, this will make the main job continue to iterate next file even though the child job has an error and stop the execution of next components.