Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Routines problem

Hello ,

I Have a problem as described below:

I use TOS7.1 with windows os 2008 and import old tos version:4.1.2 project,it's display a warning in the file:Utils,path:code->Routines->system

The warning in "IPersistableRow",but i didn't have IPersistableRow.item 、IPersistableRow.properties in this path ,i only have file:IPersistableRow.java .

How to fix it ,thanks a lot.

Utils's code with below:

package routines;

import java.lang.reflect.Field;
import java.lang.reflect.Method;
import java.util.Iterator;

import org.talend.designer.components.hashfile.memory.AdvancedMemoryHashFile;

import routines.system.IPersistableRow;

public class Utils {

public static int size(
AdvancedMemoryHashFile<? extends IPersistableRow> hashFile) {
int result = 0;
if (hashFile != null) {
Iterator<? extends IPersistableRow> iterator = hashFile.iterator();
while (iterator.hasNext()) {
iterator.next();
result += 1;
}
}
return result;

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If IPersistableRow was not available to your job, the job would not compile. So you do not have to worry about that. 

I have figured out why this is not working. The backend code for dealing with tHash components has changed (the code inside the job). The way in which you are getting a reference to the hash needs to change. This is how I did it in my test job, so that I could use your code....

//Get a reference to the MapHashFile
org.talend.designer.components.hashfile.common.MapHashFile tempHash = org.talend.designer.components.hashfile.common.MapHashFile.getMapHashFile();

//Get a reference to the AdvancedMemoryHashFile
org.talend.designer.components.hashfile.memory.AdvancedMemoryHashFile<row1Struct> hashFile = 
((org.talend.designer.components.hashfile.memory.AdvancedMemoryHashFile<row1Struct>)tempHash.getResourceMap().get("tHashFile_CommunityTestJob_"+ pid + "_tHashOutput_1"));

//Print out the result of your method
System.out.println(routines.TestRoutines.size(hashFile));

The above works. Pay attention to "row1Struct". This is my row1 class.

Having shown you how to get round this, I should point out some built-in functionality to solve your problems here. You can get the size of the tHash using this code....

((Integer)globalMap.get("tHashOutput_1_NB_LINE"))

....this is for a tHashOutput called tHashOutput_1. It is exactly same format {Name}_NB_LINE for all components which output and input rows actually.

Regarding your isnull function, you can test the variable above.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Can you show a screenshot (or even better, the text) of the error please? Also, could you show us what your routine's code looks like in the code window? You appear to be jumping a few versions, so there may be a requirement to refactor this a little.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I only have IPersistableRow.java on the path(E:\talend_etl\applications\TOS_DI-20181026_1147-V7.1.1\workspace\FSP_CRM\poms\code\routines\src\main\java\routines\system\IPersistableRow.java).

My job running need function:size ,but it'not work ,and all of the function in Utils has same problem.

Please give me some suggestions,thanks.

screenshot :

0683p000009M3hC.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

These are just warnings. It looks like a generics warning (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generics_in_Java). Is the routine not working or causing errors?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Dear Sir:

It's error when I run job.

I found tJDBCOutput_3 Call Utils function:size cause this error,and the Utils all of function doesn't work.

So I think the "IPersistableRow" can't use in Utils.

please help,thanks.

error message :

Exception in component tJDBCOutput_3 (OnDemand_PhaseIn_Oppty_NewProject_Main_1)
java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Integer cannot be cast to java.lang.String
 at org.talend.components.jdbc.runtime.setting.JDBCSQLBuilder.createColumnList(JDBCSQLBuilder.java:185)
 at org.talend.components.jdbc.runtime.writer.JDBCOutputWriter.open(JDBCOutputWriter.java:146)
 at org.talend.components.jdbc.runtime.writer.JDBCOutputUpdateWriter.open(JDBCOutputUpdateWriter.java:43)

0683p000009M4cg.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This is the error.....

"java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Integer cannot be cast to java.lang.String"

....it is saying you are trying to cast an Integer to a String.

Now this *may* be related to IPersistableRow, but so far I have not seen a link to this. Can you tell me why you believe it to be this?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Dear Sir:

The Job's next step like this,also used utils's function:isNotEmpty and it's no error,but it's doesn't work.

SO I think it's cause the "IPersistableRow".

Thanks~

code:

public static boolean isNotEmpty(
   AdvancedMemoryHashFile<? extends IPersistableRow> hashFile) {
  if (hashFile == null) {
   return false;
  }

boolean result = false;

Iterator<? extends IPersistableRow> iterator = hashFile.iterator();
  while (iterator.hasNext()) {
   result = true;
   break;
  }
  return result;
 }

0683p000009M4Ru.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If IPersistableRow was not available to your job, the job would not compile. So you do not have to worry about that. 

I have figured out why this is not working. The backend code for dealing with tHash components has changed (the code inside the job). The way in which you are getting a reference to the hash needs to change. This is how I did it in my test job, so that I could use your code....

//Get a reference to the MapHashFile
org.talend.designer.components.hashfile.common.MapHashFile tempHash = org.talend.designer.components.hashfile.common.MapHashFile.getMapHashFile();

//Get a reference to the AdvancedMemoryHashFile
org.talend.designer.components.hashfile.memory.AdvancedMemoryHashFile<row1Struct> hashFile = 
((org.talend.designer.components.hashfile.memory.AdvancedMemoryHashFile<row1Struct>)tempHash.getResourceMap().get("tHashFile_CommunityTestJob_"+ pid + "_tHashOutput_1"));

//Print out the result of your method
System.out.println(routines.TestRoutines.size(hashFile));

The above works. Pay attention to "row1Struct". This is my row1 class.

Having shown you how to get round this, I should point out some built-in functionality to solve your problems here. You can get the size of the tHash using this code....

((Integer)globalMap.get("tHashOutput_1_NB_LINE"))

....this is for a tHashOutput called tHashOutput_1. It is exactly same format {Name}_NB_LINE for all components which output and input rows actually.

Regarding your isnull function, you can test the variable above.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your patience and advice,it's very useful to me.

I'll study the others function of the Utils.java.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No problem. Sometimes debugging code remotely can be a challenge 🙂