Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PRai
Contributor
Contributor

SAS Drivers missing from Talend Studio 7.3

Hello everyone,

Could not test a Metadata SAS connection due to missing drivers (sas.core.jar is mapped to an incorrect file hence not listed below). Download and install is not available and hence went to Maven URI to check but the jar files are missing from there as well (contains only the .pom file).

Can someone please let me know how or where to find the drivers to make this work.

0695b00000EYAgfAAH.png

Maven URI

0695b00000EYAjoAAH.png

Thanks,

PR

Labels (3)
13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Ensure proper version of JDK is installed. For v6 of Talend products JDKv1.8 is required instead of JRE.

The JDK is the Java Development Kit. The JRE is the Java Runtime Environment. You actually get a JRE when you download the JDK. You cannot develop and compile with the JRE, you can only run your precompiled code. As such you need the JDK for your Studio. It is a good idea to ONLY install the JDK across all of your environments as it comes with the JRE anyway.

Let us know if it helps.

Best regards

Sabrina

gjeremy1617088143
Creator III
Creator III

Hi, the last error message seem to warn you you don't have good parameters for the connection , maybe wrong login or password.

Send me Love and Kudos

PRai
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you so much Sabrina, that helped.

I updated the JDK to version 15 from 8 and it started working. It seems Java 8 is missing the necessary CORBA files.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Here comes one question. Java 15 is not list in the compatible java environments table.

Please refer to this online documentation about: TalendHelpCenter: Compatible Java Environments

Is JDK 11 OK with you?

In the documentation we provide a list of java environments that are supported, in the sense that we do provide an SLA and technical support for them. This doesn't mean other (non-listed) java environments will not work but simply we won't necessarily be equipped to help you with any issue you may face with them.

Best regards

Sabrina