Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Salesforce Upsert issue / query

Hi. I'm new to Talend, so I'm hoping this is an easy fix.

Each night we receive 3 files from various systems. The first 2 files contain our products, and their prices, one file in AUD and the other in NZD. We then have the 3rd file that contains the stock levels of the products.

I've constructed a job that retrieves all 3 files, and then combines them into 1. I then try to upsert the products to Sales Force, but I'm having issues with it.

I can upsert all the products to SF fine, and include the AUD price, but then I'm trying to check and update the PricebookEntries so that I can update them. What I've done is queried Salesforce and retrieved the Product2ID for all the products in the combined file, and then I try to Upsert them to SF, but I'm thinking it's getting harder than it should?

Does anyone have any examples or help on how I can accomplish this? We're using the Open Studio for it.

many thanks

Chris

Labels (3)
2 Replies
manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

@ris.tan ,as  per my understanding that you after querying pricebookentry information ,you need to do the lookup with Product form the fine and need to update only those products not all.

TRF
Champion II
Champion II

First remark, you should review your job design which to complicated ans far away from good practices.
Then, give more details on what you want to achieve if you want someone to help you.
Also you have to know that not all the PricebookEntry fields can be updated (even if the value doesn't change). So depending on your use case, you may have to consider 1 subjob for insert and an other for update.