Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samT
Contributor III
Contributor III

Salesforce connection error IOException: com.sforce.ws.ConnectionException

Hi Folks,

I am able to connect Salesforce sandbox from Talend 7.0 in the Job design using basic connection type tsetProxy > tSalesforceConnection

My requirement is to create a connection from Metadata with the same information provided I am getting below error.

"IOException: com.sforce.ws.ConnectionException: Failed to send request to https://test.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/42.0"

in the Metadata Salesforce connection I have ticked to use proxy and provided host and ports same as used on tsetProxy in the job design.

please help..

thanks

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TRF
Champion II
Champion II

I assume that when you "try to get the module name from tSalesforceOutput", you want to say you're at the design stage, confuguring the tSalesforceOutput.
If so, at this stage tSetProxy doesn't have any effect, what you need is to configure the proxy for the Studio (somewhere in preferences).
If the popup where you have to select the object name appears with an empty list, you can also tick the option "Custom object" and enter the desired object name (standard or not). Then try to run job to ensure the tSetProxy is well configured.
I suggest you to run the tSetProxy component depending on the value of a boolean context variable. This way you don't have to change anything in the job design when the network infrastructure changes.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
samT
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Just to add some info... When I use tSetProxy and tSaleforceConnection then Salesforceconnection is getting ok either Subjob or Component Trigger but next when I try to get the module name from tSalesforceOutput it throws same error "IOException: com.sforce.ws.ConnectionException: Failed to send request to https://test.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/42.0". I have tried with 39.0 as well.

Please help!

TRF
Champion II
Champion II

I assume that when you "try to get the module name from tSalesforceOutput", you want to say you're at the design stage, confuguring the tSalesforceOutput.
If so, at this stage tSetProxy doesn't have any effect, what you need is to configure the proxy for the Studio (somewhere in preferences).
If the popup where you have to select the object name appears with an empty list, you can also tick the option "Custom object" and enter the desired object name (standard or not). Then try to run job to ensure the tSetProxy is well configured.
I suggest you to run the tSetProxy component depending on the value of a boolean context variable. This way you don't have to change anything in the job design when the network infrastructure changes.