Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Prasanna3
Contributor
Contributor

Scenario based Question in Talend???

Hi

How to improve performance while loading data from one table to other table in sql server.

Can someone please explain me step by step process to improve performance?
Labels (1)
  • v7.x

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @prasan,

Could you please share your specific use case with some screen shots so that Talend community members can give your better solution? I would also recommend not to use a common subject for your posts. Please be specific on your use case in the subject itself rather than using "scenario based question in Talend" which keeps repeating for all your posts.

Coming to your query, some simple recommendations are:-

a) Do not select all columns from a table unless it is required for processing. It will reduce the load in both DB and Talend

b) If you can join multiple tables within query itself, join them and fetch the results rather than fetching the full data from all tables and trying to match in Talend. A simple example is 2 tables are having 2 million data in each and you are trying to match based on a condition. But the match condition is bringing only 1000 records as output.

c) When you are loading data to DB, make sure that the commit size is large. This means less number of I/O operations compared to data processing with low commit size. You can talk to DBAs to arrive at optimum commit size

d) If the data volume is too high, try to use Bulk load options of Talend for better performance.

e) Last but not least, you cannot tune the performance aspect in isolation in Talend. Always monitor the performance with the help of DBAs with DB monitoring tools and verify whether the recommendation is realistic in your scenario. For example, DB Monitoring tool may say, an index is creating performance issues while loading. Rather than blindly dropping the index, you will have to see the usage of the index in your queries, possibility of dropping and recreating the index during data load time etc.

But please note that there is no single magic solution for performance tuning. We need to see the use case and plan for the same.

If the answer has helped you, could you please mark the topic as resolved? Kudos are also welcome 🙂

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

Prasanna3
Contributor
Contributor
Author

My use case is.

I just want load data from one table to another by doing some transformations in SQL Server
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

In that case use standard components with above details in your mind. The flow should be working fine.

In worst case, if you are facing any performance issues, we are always there to help you.

Happy programming in Talend 🙂

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi