Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Server status Down; job error Connection to Generator failed

New to Talend and trying to schedule my first set of jobs through the administration console. The error status on my jobs say "Connection to Generator Failed (CommandLine)". My execution server shows a status of Down. Not sure what I am missing - is there a service that needs to be started? any info is much appreciated. thanks
Labels (2)
10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
As the error message showed, it is failed to connect to commandline, have you already launched the commandline and make sure it is running now? I suggest you to read the chapter 3 Job conductor in the TAC user guide.
Best regards
Shong
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Shong for your reply. i have read through chapter 3 in the TAC user guide, but still am missing something. how do i start the commandline as you suggest below and make sure it is running? is it a service? thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I looped back through the installation guide and created the commandline service. however, I still get the same message that my server is down. thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
however, I still get the same message that my server is down. thanks

I think you are meaning the job server? Is it installed on the same machine as TAC? Have you launched the job server? Can you upload the latest TAC log?
Best regards
Shong
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

yes, TAC is installed on the same server as the job server. where is the TAC log located? thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
The path of tac log is set in the configuration page/log4j parameter. see my screenshot.
Best regards
Shong
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thanks! here is the log
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

taclog
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

2011-04-27 15:31:28 WARN SoaManagerCommand - SoaManager server needs to be running for this action, currently, it's not
2011-04-27 15:31:30 WARN SoaManagerCommand - SoaManager server needs to be running for this action, currently, it's not
2011-04-27 15:31:36 WARN SoaManagerCommand - SoaManager server needs to be running for this action, currently, it's not
2011-04-27 15:31:39 WARN SoaManagerCommand - SoaManager server needs to be running for this action, currently, it's not
2011-04-27 15:31:44 INFO JMXClient - Connecting a JMX connector (273) for URL: service:jmx:jmxmp://192.168.0.75:8888
2011-04-27 15:31:45 ERROR JMXClient - Connection refused: connect 'service:jmx:jmxmp://192.168.0.75:8888'
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.jmx.remote.socket.SocketConnection.connect(SocketConnection.java:94)
at com.sun.jmx.remote.generic.ClientSynchroMessageConnectionImpl.connect(ClientSynchroMessageConnectionImpl.java:70)
at javax.management.remote.generic.GenericConnector.connect(GenericConnector.java:177)
at javax.management.remote.jmxmp.JMXMPConnector.connect(JMXMPConnector.java:119)
at org.talend.monitoring.jmx.client.JMXClient.connectWithTimeout(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.monitoring.jmx.client.JMXClient.connect(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.monitoring.jmx.client.ServerInfoCentralizer$1.run(Unknown Source)
2011-04-27 15:31:46 ERROR AbstractClientServerSocket - java.io.StreamCorruptedException: invalid stream header: 74616C65
org.talend.remote.commons.exception.ClientServerException: java.io.StreamCorruptedException: invalid stream header: 74616C65
at org.talend.remote.client.AbstractObjectClient.initListeningLoop(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.remote.commons.AbstractClientServerSocket$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.io.StreamCorruptedException: invalid stream header: 74616C65
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readStreamHeader(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
... 5 more
2011-04-27 15:32:17 WARN FileSenderClient - Server unreachable 192.168.0.75:8001, message: Connection refused: connect
2011-04-27 15:32:17 ERROR AbstractClientServerSocket - java.io.StreamCorruptedException: invalid stream header: 74616C65
org.talend.remote.commons.exception.ClientServerException: java.io.StreamCorruptedException: invalid stream header: 74616C65
at org.talend.remote.client.AbstractObjectClient.initListeningLoop(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.remote.commons.AbstractClientServerSocket$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.io.StreamCorruptedException: invalid stream header: 74616C65
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readStreamHeader(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
... 5 more
2011-04-27 15:32:48 WARN FileSenderClient - Server unreachable 192.168.0.75:8001, message: Connection refused: connect
2011-04-27 15:34:09 WARN AbstractDataCleaner - pathDir is not a directory: c:/Talend/Administrator/executionLogs