Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gurn
Contributor III
Contributor III

Share a Snowflake Connection with a Joblet

Hi

I have a job which is using a joblet that requires a few snowflake connections for certain actions being taken in the joblet. I want to share the main jobs connections with the joblet but in the Advanced settings where I expected to find the ability to add a Component List with the name of the main jobs connection for use by the Joblet, I don't have this option.

Attached is an image of what I have. Any advice on resolving this would be great.

I'm using Talend Studio 8 (R2023-01).

Thanks

Dave

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

It's impossible to select the DB connection from joblet now. It is a new feature, please open a feature request on Talend Bugtracker, our R&D team will investigate its possibility.

Regards

Shong

gurn
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

ok thanks.

I have taken the route of sharing context variables initialised in the main job and then using these in the joblet to open the connection.

All works perfectly

Jamesclary
Contributor II
Contributor II

It seems that you are using some kind of job scheduling or automation tool that allows you to configure joblets with connections to external systems, such as Snowflake. However, you are facing an issue where you are unable to share the main job's connections with the joblet by adding a Component List in the Advanced settings.

Without more information about the specific tool you are using, it is difficult to provide a definitive solution. However, here are a few steps you can try:

Check the documentation: Look for documentation or user guides for the job scheduling tool you are using to see if there are any specific instructions for sharing connections between jobs and joblets.

Contact support: If you are still unable to find a solution, reach out to the support team for the job scheduling tool you are using. They may be able to provide additional guidance or even a solution to your problem.

Use an alternative approach: If sharing connections through a Component List is not an option, consider alternative approaches such as passing connection information as job parameters or using environment variables to store connection information. HEB Partner