Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amba1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Solution: Error job .. cannot be resolved to a type

Hello,

I have seen many people struggling with this while migrating their workspaces or just importing an old workspace to a new Talend installation.

It's something very easy to fix, but it might take hours and days to find the solution.

The error

• <Jobname> cannot be resolved to a type

Screenshot

0695b00000LyjwEAAR.png

Solution

There are two solutions for this.

1. Rename the subjobs throwing the error
  2. Change the version of the subjobs throwing the error
    1. under edit properties (clic on small m)

More about the issue here: https://talendsupport.force.com/talend/s/question/0D53p00007xnoA6CAI/solved-error-cannot-be-resolved-or-is-not-a-field?language=en_US

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JJS1
Contributor II
Contributor II

This posting was extremely helpful. I had recently changed a component in a Referenced Project, but had not changed the version (as I had only added a few additional fields to the existing mapping - in theory, no existing contracts were broken so to speak). However, once I loaded the main project (and Talend Studio could see the changes in the Referenced Project) the tRunJob that called the modified component would fail with the same compile time error "<component> cannot be resolved to a type". Nothing I did worked - resync'ing POMS did not work either. In fact, I could actually make a copy of the referenced component and put it in my main project and it would work fine. Also, other components that I had not changed still worked. Just the one I changed was experiencing this error.

After changing the version from 0.1 to 0.2., it worked fine.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometime the cause might be the dependency libraries are missing or they are not compatible, remove the jar files and re-install them could fix the issue.

Regards

Shong

JJS1
Contributor II
Contributor II

This posting was extremely helpful. I had recently changed a component in a Referenced Project, but had not changed the version (as I had only added a few additional fields to the existing mapping - in theory, no existing contracts were broken so to speak). However, once I loaded the main project (and Talend Studio could see the changes in the Referenced Project) the tRunJob that called the modified component would fail with the same compile time error "<component> cannot be resolved to a type". Nothing I did worked - resync'ing POMS did not work either. In fact, I could actually make a copy of the referenced component and put it in my main project and it would work fine. Also, other components that I had not changed still worked. Just the one I changed was experiencing this error.

After changing the version from 0.1 to 0.2., it worked fine.

amba1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Glad I could help!