Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlessandroCic
Contributor III
Contributor III

[Solved] tRunJob tHashInput tHashOutput

Hi

I would like to use a the data stored in a tHashOutput from a job parent in to a job child.

0695b00000ODXmZAAX.png 

0695b00000ODXl8AAH.png 

How can I do this?

Regards

Alessandro

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Change your tHash components to be tHSQLDbOutput and tHSQDbInput components (using a "Running Mode" of "HSQLDb in Memory"). These will do what your Hash components will, but will keep the data in a temporary in-memory HyperSQL DB. This will make the data available throughout your jobs (that are currently running) and the DB will disappear when the job finishes running.

You can also use SQL queries with these components, which means you can do a lot more than you can with the tHash components.

Take a look at the documentation here: https://help.talend.com/r/en-US/8.0/hsqldb/thsqldboutput

AlessandroCic
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi rhall

Thanks for the reply, I did not know this component.

Now the job is:

0695b00000ODjU8AAL.png0695b00000ODjVBAA1.pngthe values ​​of the component tHSQLDbOutput can be as desired, imaginative (I invented DbName, UserName and Password) but then they must be the same in tHSQLDbInput.

0695b00000ODjWYAA1.png0695b00000ODjWdAAL.png 

Thanks and regards

Alessandro

Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad it worked for you. These components share all of the qualities of the tHash components......with MANY more. You can update, filter in queries, delete, etc, etc. I much prefer these.

kakooo16
Creator
Creator

hi @Richard Hall​ , i tried your method using a simple test ,

tfixedflowinput -> thsqldboutput with (mode execution as HSQLDb in Memory) -> tlogRow

I got this error ,

Exception in component tHSQLDbOutput_1 (talnb)

java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: precision or scale out of range

at org.hsqldb.jdbc.JDBCUtil.sqlException(Unknown Source)

at org.hsqldb.jdbc.JDBCUtil.sqlException(Unknown Source)

Learning how to work with this component is intersting

How could i solve this

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is because you have not set the length or precision for each column in the your schema going to your tHSQLDBOutput. I briefly talk about this here....

https://community.talend.com/s/feed/0D75b000005yRDCCA2