cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WSyahirah21
Creator
Creator

Store data into Hive using Talend Data Fabric Studio

Currently I am trying to push and store data in Hive using Talend. My idea is to upload data to hdfs, then execute hive ql to load the data into Hive. Ideally in talend, the workflow would be:

**some activities to process the data > tMap > tHDFS_Put > tHiveCreateTable > tHiveLoad.

In order to use any hdfs and hive components, I'll have first need to configure the hadoop cluster in the talend. So, I created under Metadata repo in Talend :

0695b00000Spy1XAAR.jpg 

In the area for the manager credentials, I put the authentication information to login the Web-based management service of the cluster (CM).

However, I still get the connection failed error.

The next effort i tried was trying to just use the tHdfsConnection and tHiveConnection in the Standard Job.

tHdfsConnection:

0695b00000Spy1cAAB.jpgThis component received : [WARN ] 09:26:15 org.apache.hadoop.util.NativeCodeLoader- Unable to load native-hadoop library for your platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable.

tHiveConnection:

0695b00000Spy1hAAB.jpg 

This component received following error as in the attachment (Zookeeper error).

My questions:

1. Is this the best way to push and save my data into Hive using Talend Data Fabric.
  2. In the above problem explanation, Did I miss any configurations that causing them happens?

Reference:

1. https://help.talend.com/r/en-US/7.3/studio-user-guide-data-fabric/retrieving-configuration-from-amba...
  2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uyFUgW-E4c

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us.

1. When checking the cluster configuration, are you fetching the services from clusters? This is not visible in the screenprint.
  2. For the zookeeper error you are using, please add the below jars using tLibraryload component. Please be advised to stay on our latest studio patch versions.

zookeeper-3.4.14.jar

zookeeper-jute-3.7.0.jar

Regards,

KimFerguson
Contributor II
Contributor II

How do you load data into Hive external table?