Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Strange tExtractJsonFields behaviour

Hi, I have JSON document stored in DB table and I need to extract those data in order to write them on MySQL. Here's an example of a JSON field I want to parse:

[{"val":"0","slotId":"T1","slotType":"ABS"},{"val":"0","slotId":"T2","slotType":"ABS"},{"val":"0","slotId":"T3","slotType":"ABS"},{"val":"0","slotId":"T4","slotType":"ABS"},{"val":"0","slotId":"TOT","slotType":"ABS"}]

and here's my tExtractJSONFields configuration:0683p000009Lx3L.jpg

Everything semmed to work but results are not like expected. In particular what I want is all same pod values on the same row, I got this instead:

0683p000009Lwzs.jpg

What am I missing?

Labels (3)
7 Replies
vboppudi
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Are you looking for the following output?

0683p000009Lwce.png0683p000009LxIi.png0683p000009LxIn.png0683p000009LxIx.png

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, Thank you for your reponse! I see you've set max function in tAggregateRow and this is not what I want.... suppose I've a DB with million of JSON documents like the one I've posted before and for each of them I need a row with all "Tx" fields (plus an ID field in order to join with other tables). I tried to replicate your configuration on my sample dataset which contains just 5 json entries, 2 of them lack of "T4" field. My sample dataset look like this:

0683p000009LwCm.jpg

And this is what I expect to see:

0683p000009LxAz.jpg

Thank you for your help!

vboppudi
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Please provide data in file if possible.

Regards,

vboppudi
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

please try below

0683p000009LwfO.png0683p000009LxLI.png0683p000009LxGT.png0683p000009LwoB.png

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

here's the requested sample 0683p000009MACn.png

sample.xlsx
vboppudi
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

please follow the new approach.

0683p000009LxLN.png

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Cool, much better, pretty close... btw if you look at desired table posted above, I have two NULL values in T4 column due to missing field in corresponding jsons and I really need to keep this information. I tried to substitute zero in row2.slotId.equals("T2")?Float.parseFloat(row2.val):0  with null or even leaving it empty (I slightly modified your code since I want my data to be float type) but talend returns an error