Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rommy
Contributor III
Contributor III

Subjobs , Conditional execution

Hi All, I have following designs approaches which I have tried and do not work as I want. I want execution of subjob3 if 1 and 2 are completed successfully, if any 1 of it fails, it should not start subjob3.

With Design 1 ,I tried synchronize approach but its causing if any 1 of the sub job fails, Synchronize does nt stop but it starts the execution of subjob3. It should not do that.

Desgin1:

t parallel >Parallelize>tRunJob1

>Parallelize>>tRunJob2

>Synchronize>> tRunJob3

With Design 2 , the issue is if any of the subjob1 or 2 finishes , it starts the execution of subjob3 , I want to only start if both are successful,

Desgin2:

tparallel>> Parallelize >>tRunJob1 >> On component OK >> tRunJob3

>>Parallelize>>tRunJob2>>On component OK >> tRunJob3

How Can I achieve this where I want to run subjob3 only if 1 and 2 have successfully completion ?

Thank you !

Labels (4)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Checking 'Multi thread execution' option instead of tParallelize component, change your job design to:

main job:

tRunjob4 (call child job)

|Onsubjobok

tRunjob3

in child job:

tRunjob1

tRunjob2

In child job, open Job settings view, click Extra tab and check the 'Multi thread execution' box.

check the 'die on error' box on all of tRunJob component.

Please try and let me know if it works.

Regards

Shong

rommy
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

thank you for your response, in your job design , I will have to move subjob1 and 2 to another sub job , which will add 1 more sub job , This is we want to avoid if possible , is there a way to write expression or something else to achieve this ?