Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

TAC Project Creation using SVN Storage Error

Hi,
I am getting a strange error when creating projects in TAC with SVN storage. The error I get is :
Save failed: org.talend.exception.BusinessException: svn: E160013: URL 'http://vmtalend01/talendrepo/admintest' non-existent in that revision -- For more information see your log file
When I try to create a project again it gives the error message :
Save failed: org.talend.exception.BusinessException: svn: E175005: Path '/talendrepo/epo' already exists -- For more information see your log file
The project name I provided is "admintest". The URL given in advanced settings is as provided in the error message. I have attached a snapshot of the settings.
When I checked on the web the SVN repository had a folder created with the name "epo" under the talendrepo somehow. This folder was empty. I tried changing the name of the repository to just "talend" and in that case the name of the folder created became "end".
I am using Talend 5.6.1 Big Data Universal edition running on Ubuntu Linux system. All the services are running on the same machine.
Does anybody have any idea about this type of a problem ?
0683p000009MD1c.png 0683p000009MD1h.png
Labels (2)
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Did you follow up document about TalendHelpCenter:Managing projects to create a project in TAC?
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have referred the same help document. I am getting the error in creation of the project at the first step of the help i.e. Adding a project stored in SVN. I tried using both ways i.e. without providing any advanced settings and letting the Admin center pick up the repository information from Configuration parameters of SVN. That didn't work so i tried the approach by providing the advanced settings during project creation. 
I have setup Talend 5.5.1 2-3 times before but i didn't get an error that time using SVN storage. I am wondering if this is a problem specific to Talend 5.6.1.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi bhavesh25shah,
I got the same issue than you when deploying Talend Enterprise for DI 5.6.1. The issue is linked to the SVN I first used : When using "Visual SVN Server" I got the same error message : 
Save failed: org.talend.exception.BusinessException: svn: E175005: Path '/svn/repotalend/end' already exists -- For more information see your log file
Looks like Talend tried to create an incoherent folder into the SVN.
As I saw no easy fix, I installed another supported SVN serveur : Bitnami Subversion Stack. I configured the server location URL into the TAC, then when creating a new project the behavior is ok.
Hope that helps.
Regards,
Max
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi bhavesh25shah,
Have you already reported a ticket for your issue on Talend Support Portal?
Best regars
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This issue still persists using TAC v6.4.1 and VisualSVN.

I can't create a new project because somehow the repository path goes wrong in the same way as bhavesh25shah experienced.

In Visual SVN I can see a folder with the wrong name is created by Talend.

Was this issue ever resolved back in 2015?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I was able to solve the issue with the help of Talend support:

In the TAC, under Settings-Configuration-Svn-"Server location url", the url was: https://hostname:443/svn/reponame

A port number is not allowed in this url, the issue was fixed by changing it to: https://hostname/svn/reponame