Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nguyetn
Contributor
Contributor

TAC failed to start

Hello everyone,

our Talend servers are hosted in Azure VMs. Every time we start VMs, TAC isn't started properly and we only see the db config interface instead of login interface.

We restart TAC service manually from Putty then it works back. In attached logs there're some quite strange errors.

Has someone experience this and know the reason as well as solution?

Thank you so much.

Labels (3)
4 Replies
aksharma
Contributor II
Contributor II

Can you check the order of start of underline db and tac service after vm restart

nguyetn
Contributor
Contributor
Author

On that VM only TAC is running and we're using Azure SQL DB which is always on. From the logs the errors seem to be related to Git.

Anonymous
Not applicable

i can't see any occurence of your TAC webapps on tomcat logs. however, i can see that the others webapp can't start properly :

24-Nov-2021 11:26:04.160 SEVERE [main] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal Context [/kie-drools-wb] startup failed due to previous errors

For git errors, it might be issue with tomcat cache : can you stop tomcat, clean following directories:

tomcat/works

and tomcat/tmp

Restart tomcat and check if same issue is reproduced ?

Which java release do you use ?

Ideally, stop tomcat, remove catalina logs, restart the same, and check what happens on the full startup time

nguyetn
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @David Lucas​ ,

I removed work and temp directories and the errors still exist. We use

I found out the script to start TAC service at boot time (/etc/systemd/system/Talend-Tac.service) is executed by another user rather than root, when I use root, it works. The other user seems to lack permissions with Git.