cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FarCry
Contributor
Contributor

TALEND ESB/RUNTIME SERVER

I have several questions regarding Talend ESB. I'm a Talend DI developer, and web services are new to me. We plan to use the free version of Talend ESB to develop web services. Here are my questions:

In a production environment, what are the best practices? We have developed web services for Customer A and others for Customer B. Should we place all the web services in the same container, or should we separate them into containers for A and B? If separation is recommended, how can we efficiently manage the two containers? Also, how do we deploy a new container?

Is it normal for all services on the same container to use the same port (e.g., 8040/services/)? I noticed that Talend Runtime uses JAAS for security. Is this secure? For the web console, only users with admin roles can access it. However, for SAM (http://localhost:8040/services/sam), it seems that all users, regardless of their roles, can access it. How can we modify the access roles, or is this normal?

Do you have any suggestions for integrating Keycloak into Talend ESB?

What are the advantages of using the subscription version of Talend ESB in terms of security and other features?

Labels (2)
1 Reply
David_Beaty
Creator III
Creator III

I did a couple of blog posts about setting up the Talend Runtime, they might be useful to you.