Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diazsmiedts
Contributor III
Contributor III

TOS 801 tMap temp space java.io.EOFException

Since the upgrade of the code base from TOS 7.3.1 to TOS 801, I experience random failures on processing large volumes that have "Store Temp Data" in the lookup active with a temp location and Max Buffer Size provided. The location itself is configured in a context variable.

0695b00000PNRz8AAH.png 

There are many jobs using this setting, and a execution that runs fine on one day, can fail on the next, with messages similar as this one

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.EOFException: Read past end of file

at v801.j001_src2stg_adca_sal_actuals_0_2.j001_SRC2STG_ADCA_SAL_actuals$lkp_DB_adca_salesStruct.readValuesData(j001_SRC2STG_ADCA_SAL_actuals.java:24690)

at org.talend.designer.components.lookup.persistent.AbstractOrderedBeanLookup.loadDataValues(AbstractOrderedBeanLookup.java:262)

at org.talend.designer.components.lookup.persistent.OrderedBeanLookupMatchFirst.next(OrderedBeanLookupMatchFirst.java:180)

at org.talend.designer.components.lookup.persistent.PersistentSortedLookupManager.next(PersistentSortedLookupManager.java:600)

at v801.j001_src2stg_adca_sal_actuals_0_2.j001_SRC2STG_ADCA_SAL_actuals.tFileInputDelimited_5Process(j001_SRC2STG_ADCA_SAL_actuals.java:22439)

I never encountered the same on TOS 7.3.1 and was wondering if others have encountered a similar problem and found a root-cause and solution for this.

Thanks

Labels (3)
4 Replies
gjeremy1617088143
Creator III
Creator III

Hi, This is happening when the Tmap has the option of storing Temp data. Uncheck it and run it and it should give you the exact error.

https://community.talend.com/s/question/0D53p00007vCjtFCAS/javalangruntimeexception-javaioeofexception

diazsmiedts
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi, thanks for the reply. Actually that is the issue, we have temp space in place in order to prevent potential memory issues. This always worked just fine. When now building from TOS 801 and running, it fails at times on that java.io.EOFException: Read past end of file. So I did go into the jobs and remove that option, but then the jobs run fine. So I'm not sure in my case it had an underlying error, hidden by the setting, a removing it doesn't cause any failure whatsoever

gjeremy1617088143
Creator III
Creator III

maybe the issue is coming cause your number of row is higher than the Max buffer size , you can try to investigate on it

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Please try to use appropriate Xms and Xmx values which means increase both Xms and Xmx values accordingly.

Here is a KB article about OutOfMemory Exception, hope it will be helpful for your use case.

https://community.talend.com/s/article/OutOfMemory-Exception-WmtmQ?language=en_US

Best regards

Sabrina