Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tag's value not found in TFileInputXML

Hi,

I struggle to find the reason for my issue concerning the extraction of tag in a TFileInputXML.

First of all, here is a screenshot of the Job

0683p000009Lsc6.png

As you can see, there is 2 tFileInputXML. The XML in input file is the same ! The difference is in the tFileInputXML_2, there is a loop in multiple tag.

I run a traces debug and in the below screenshot, you can see all values in tFileInputXML_1

0683p000009LsZB.png

However in the tFileInputXML_2, some value are found and some are not found (default value are assigned)

0683p000009Lr0t.png

I don't know why some values are not found. I already made jobs with 4 others XML format (different structure, different tag name) by copy/paste the job and only change the generic schema and the path to the tag but for this XML format, this incoherent behaviour happened and I don't know why...

Labels (1)
10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Namespaces are important in XML to avoid name conflicts, but they add an extra element of complexity to XPaths. Sometimes you do not need them, in which case ignoring the namespaces will make your XPaths easier to write and understand. I assume your XPaths have omitted the namespace where they have failed.