Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Talend 7.1: Cannot install custom component created via Window-> Preferences

Hi All,

I am trying to create custom component named tTutorialRow by creating below files:

• tTutorialRow_java.xml
  • tTutorialRow_messages.properties
  • tTutorialRow_begin.javajet
  • tTutorialRow_main.javajet
  • tTutorialRow_end.javajet

When trying to install it using Window --> Preferences --> Talend --> Components, and browse the path to the folder where I kept the above files, and Apply it, the new component cannot be found in the Palette.

Is it true that in Talend 7, the javajet is deprecated? Can anyone guide me on how to create & install the custom component in Talend 7?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Labels (4)
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Below link provide the details for version 7.1 of Talend but please note that its in deprecated state.

https://help.talend.com/reader/ZPQP8werSqVqJEBzSFsDkQ/IezVqj82QqzNfApv7VXS5g

The link is also having details about new framework for custom components where we can create the component from a Component Kit instead of Javajet.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

The JavaJet approach will not be dropped shortly from the Studio however it is a deprecated way to build custom components for the coming Studio versions.

We will try to install custom component tTutorialRow in V 7.1 to see if this issue repro from our end and then come back to you asap.

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

The custom component tTutorialRow is not available in talend exchange portal. Any way we can take a try.

I have tried to install other custom components  downloaded from talend exchange portal and it seems to be working in v 7.1.

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello, Is there any way we can take a testing for talend 7? Best regards Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi @fauzahM ,

We can deploy custom component manually into your local Open studio.Just you can past it your component folder into mentioned below path "D:\CRM\TOS_DI-Win32-20181026_1147-V7.1.1\plugins\org.talend.designer.components.localprovider_7.1.1.20181026_1147\components" for Talend software folder.

Then refresh your Talend Studio and check it in Palette.Hope it will help you.

Thanks,

Venkat