Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Papademuchos
Creator
Creator

Talend Studio 8 is slow

Ever since we upgraded to Talend Studio 8 things take longer: saving, compiling, loading. I understand that each new version will have software bloat and that's the nature of a "fat client". However, it seems much worse than v7.

There's another anomaly that I'm hoping to get some suggestions of what to look for... Savings and compiling takes my co-worker twice and long as it does me. What would contribute to this?

We tested on a fairly simple job - not too complex or too big. For me, it takes 23 seconds to save the job when I make a small change. For her, it's almost a full minute to save - every time.

For me, compilation is 1 minute the first time - for her, 1 minute 30 seconds. For me, compilation is 35 seconds the second time. For her, about 1 minute.

We're both running Talend Studio on the same server, under the same conditions.

The server is Windows Server 2016, 32 GB of RAM, 2.5 Gz dual core (4 logical). There's 33 GB of free space on the disk.

The talend config file is set to -Xms512m and -Xmx16g

Is 23 seconds a "normal" save time?

And compilation time - does that seem normal?

Thanks for any suggestions of what to look for.

Labels (2)
5 Replies
anselmopeixoto
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hello

I have experienced this as well and it got better by installing some of the additional features, but honestly I could not identify which one resolved the performance issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

The low performance sometimes is due to the network and Anti-virus software can conflict with Job performance.

Try to Whitelist all Talend products, and ports they use, in the anti-virus software. and add an exception for scanning .jar or inside .jar files on the anti-virus software to prevent performance issues.

Best regards

Aiming

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is not normal. Is it a local project or remote project? can you open the log file and check which JDK version is using by studio? The log file is located in <studio installation directory>/workspace/.metadata

Papademuchos
Creator
Creator
Author

we tried turning off the anti-virus software on the server where Talend Studio is installed - it didn't seem to make a difference

Papademuchos
Creator
Creator
Author

The JDK version in the log shows java.version=11.0.16.1. However in Talend Studio, in Preferences -> Installed JREs it shows 11.0.17. I'm not sure why the log shows 16 instead of 17...?

We check out from GIT and create local branches and work from there. In the Repository drop-down it shows "GIT:DEV/[branch name] (Local Mode)"