Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nsavich
Contributor
Contributor

Talend Studio Can't Find New JDBC Driver Class

Has anyone ever experienced this problem? I got a JDBC driver from a 3rd Party for connecting to their database, I installed this as a new module, but when setting up the connection, Talend cannot find a class file. The jar looks fine to me. I don't typically work with jdbc connections and have not context for troubleshooting something like this, so not sure where to look.

This is from Talend Studio 7.3.1.

Labels (3)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Have you already added all related jar files from local to tJDBCConnection via Selecting Module and also tried importing this jar using tLibraryLoad?

With the driver libraries added, are you able to configure the JDBC URL for the connection?

Would you mind posting the full configuration of the tJDBCConnection component here which will be helpful for us to address your issue?

Best regards

Sabrina

nsavich
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Sabrina,

I have not added any other jar files. I was under the impression that the jar file provided to me was the only jar needed to make a connection. As I mentioned, this process is rather new to me so I may not be understanding the requirements.

I have not used tLibraryLoad. I simply added the jdbc driver via the "Install a new module" option within the jdbc metadata connection creation. I can try tLibraryLoad to see if that would help.

Regarding configuring the JDBC URL or posting the full configuration, I don't have anything else to show you at this time. I am waiting for the JDBC URL to be provided to me and for firewall modifications to allow me to connect. Since I had the jdbc driver, I was just trying to figure out if I could load it as a library in Talend. Maybe I am getting a little ahead of myself.

Thanks,

Nick

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Linda Hall​ 

Are you getting the same issue when adding your JDBC jar via tJDBCConnection? If so, could you please try tLibraryLoad to see if that would help?

Best regards

Sabrina