Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RMotta2408
Creator II
Creator II

Talend Studio - error retrieving SAP BW metadata

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to retrieve a table using SAP BW Table Wizard.
After choosing InfoObject and choosing the tables I want, I get the following error:

RMotta2408_0-1720449724220.png

What must I do to overcome this problem?

Thank you,

Rui

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Xiaodi_Shi
Support
Support

Hello,

Please make sure that the SAP BW source system is not empty and SAP service account basic permission setting is OK with you.

Here is SAP ERP authorizations for Talend

https://help.talend.com/en-US/components/8.0/sap/sap-erp-authorizations-for-talend

Best regards

Sabrina

RMotta2408
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Sabrina,

Thanks for replying.
It's only certain tables I'm unable to access.
I have accessed many of the others I needed. But these are giving me that message.
Could these tables be corrupted or inaccessible due to a lack of permission on my side?

I found this site: https://help.talend.com/en-US/studio-user-guide/8.0-R2024-05/retrieving-sap-bw-objects-metadata

And in it, I found this:
For the InfoObject type objects, only the AttributeHierarchy and Text information can be extracted, and the number of the columns for each type of information is displayed in the Column Number field with the format A[XH[YT[Z], where XY and Z represent the number of the columns for the AttributeHierarchy and Text information respectively.

In my image, I see the values of X, Y and Z are 0 (zero). Could that mean problems with the table?

Rui

Xiaodi_Shi
Support
Support

Hello,

Does this issue reproduce on certain tables only? Have you tried to import all the various lists of several objects (InfoCube, ADSO, DSO, ..) with the '*' wildcard?

Best regards

Sabrina

RMotta2408
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Sabrina,

Yes, the issue reproduces for certain tables only.

I have listed all the tables in DataSource, DataStoreObjects, InfoCube and InfoObjects.
But the issue arises when I want to import certain tables.

Thank you,

Rui