Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Talend application not opening and pointing to .metadata/.log file

Hi,
I was testing my developed talend jobs and talend got suddenly crashed. when I try to open talend application again then it was not opening talend and was pointing me to <talend install dir> \workspace\.metadata\.log file.
The .log file was saying about
!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2013-01-23 09:15:39.465
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.RuntimeException: The service org.talend.core.model.migration.IMigrationToolService has not been registered.
at org.talend.core.GlobalServiceRegister.getService(GlobalServiceRegister.java:114)
at org.talend.rcp.intro.Application.start(Application.java:77)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:619)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:574)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1407)
after reading few posts yesterday, I copied/backedup the workspace folder and deleted old talend install folder from c: drive. Installed again talend and copied back old workspace folder under <talend install dir>.
BUT still i am getting same error and not able to open my project which has my developed Talend jobs.
I am using Talend version V5.2.1 and first time talend user so did not had the exported copy of developed jobs.
does talend has any solution to this or I have lost all my hardwork and need to redevelope my jobs again?
please help
Labels (3)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
If you have backup the workspace, select a new workspace and open the Talend studio, right click on Job Designs and select 'import items' option to import all items from the old workspace.
Let me know if it works!
Shong
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Just delete .metadata folder and run Talend again and reimport your project(s).