Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Talend context issue with special characters

Hey guys ,

So I have currently a particular context created where I have some encrypted data passing through it . Eg ‘ 8/‘}#< ‘

I am trying to use this context in my SQL(tera data db) where clause eg where customer_number= “+context.cust_no.

When I try to run the job, it fails because of the single quotes and the various types of brackets in the query .

I can’t use a replace function cause I have to make sure both the encrypted keys from the source and context are matching .

The errors I’ve been getting are regarding open parenthesis and single quotes .

What would be the best solution to work around this ?

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

When you type the special characters in your SQL(tera data db) where clause query, is it able to run the job successfully?

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sabrina ,

No , when I hard code / type the customer number into the where clause instead of context , I get the same error .

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

When you are adding escape characters to the current hard coded values, are they running fine?

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I can add escape sequences for single quotes , how would I add it in for 3 types of brackets ?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Would you mind giving us an example about your single quotes and the various types of brackets in the query? Screenshots will be preferred.

Best regards

Sabrina