Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhagyarekha
Creator II
Creator II

Talend job got hang

Hi Team,

I have my jobs scheduled in linux server and daily we are running.sh file

every day it runs cool,but today it is hanging not completing the job.may i know the possible reason.

if it is server problem what might be the possible ways to check.

appreciate for quick response

Regards

rekha

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. it was not planned to run today

2. a condition for within the job was not furfill

3. the job was not designed to notify in case of error

Sorry, the question is too vague, 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Rekha,

Could you please share the screen shots of the job flow to understand the process you are trying to achieve with Talend. There are so many objectives we can achieve with Talend which means the complexities and errors will differ based on the components you are using.

I would also recommend to check the logs of the jobs to understand till what area your job has been completed. If you have given print statements to log after each step, it will be very easy to identify which stage the job is currently stuck.

Another reason I have seen in the past is when a huge data load has been done to source system. So Talend will take more time to extract the data from source system compared to normal timelines. If you are using DB, please also verify whether there are any queries running from Talend for long time (it could be due to increase in data or due to bad query performance). So the options are infinite and we can reduce the options by getting more information about your job flow.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

bhagyarekha
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi nikhil
Thanks for response.it got solved problem was host down.
And tell me how to see log files na because I got some other issue in other job as file not found.so how to check log files in server.
Regards
Rekha
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Rekha,

Happy to know that your first issue got resolved.

Regarding the logging of Talend jobs, you are currently calling them using Unix Shell script. So the logs will be directed to the location where you are specifying while calling the jobs.

Please refer the redirecting output section of the below blog.

https://thoughtbot.com/blog/input-output-redirection-in-the-shell

So when you are scheduling the jobs, you need to add a section to specify where the error needs to be transferred. But if you are using subscription version of Talend, it is very easy. The whole logs will be showcased from Taledn Administration Console's dashboard.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂