Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vbadri
Contributor III
Contributor III

Talend tAzureAdlsGen2Output component datetime output format issue

Hello there,

I'm using 'tAzureAdlsGen2Output' component to write some csv files from oracle (via Dynamic schema), it is auto converting datetime columns to a format that was never defined within the job. If we send the same date as string/varchar it is writing as is.

'2011-10-21T09:09:36Z[UTC]' instead of '2011-10-21 09:09:36' even though I set the required format as "yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss"

Any advice would be really helpful, thanks in advance.

Labels (4)
12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could you please show us your tAzureAdlsGen2Output component setting screenshots?

Best regards

Sabrina

vbadri
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for your prompt reply, please find the below screenshots, try to replicate it on your machine, thanks.

In this I'm trying to write a DateTime & String_DateTime values into a csv file on Azure Container.

tFixedFlow config

0695b00000Ea2G4AAJ.jpg 

tAzureAdlsGen2Output config

0695b00000Ea2GEAAZ.jpg 

Job Log

0695b00000Ea2GTAAZ.jpg 

Output from Azure

0695b00000Ea2B5AAJ.jpg 

Please let me know if i am missing anything from the config or guide me where to set the format the 'tAzureAdlsGen2Ouput' will pick the date format from.

vbadri
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello Sabrina,

did you had a chance to look this issue?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

The data of Date/Time type is converted from local timezone(e.g, GMT+8 timezone) to UTC timezone in Azure?

Could you please try to add '-Duser.timezone=SGT' to the JVM setting. (Talend job - Run tab - Advanced settings) to see if it works?

Best regards

Sabrina

vbadri
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for your reply.

The data of Date/Time type is converted from local timezone(e.g, GMT+8 timezone) to UTC timezone in Azure?

Yes, no matter what ever the Date/Time type input is given, the component is converting it to UTC in azure.

Could you please try to add '-Duser.timezone=SGT' to the JVM setting. (Talend job - Run tab - Advanced settings) to see if it works?

I have tried this earlier from one of the posts, it didn't work, I am in GMT, I tried with SGT but the output on Azure is still appear to be in UTC.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could you please clarify in which Talend version/edition you are?

Best regards

Sabrina

vbadri
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I'm currently using Talend Data Fabric (R2021-04-7.3.1)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I'm suspecting that Azure DB stores times in UTC by default and will convert any local time representations into this form. We will make an investigation on it and then come back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards

Sabrina

vbadri
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yeah, maybe Azure doing that, it would be nice if we can control that from Talend while providing the output to Azure.

EDIT : Because of that, we had go through so many workarounds!!