Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MattE
Creator II
Creator II

The Job includes at least one password type context parameter (Talend 7.3.1 Cloud)

I've upgraded to 7.3.1 and now when i publish a job to the cloud i get the message

The Job includes at least one password type context parameter. For

security reasons, its value will be cleared during publication and has

to be set again for new tasks in Talend Cloud.

Is there any way to turn this feature off? Surely security is my decision, plus this combined with the reduced feature set in the new version of cloud logs makes it very difficult to find the problem.

Thanks

Labels (2)
11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Is it OK with you when edit your resource in your task?

Here are online documentations about:

TalendHelpCenter: creating-resource-while-creating-editing-task

TalendHelpCenter: Editing resourcesB

Let us know if it helps.

Best regards

Sabrina

MattE
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi, We do not use resources. Is there a way to publish with the passwords embedded as you could prior to 7.3?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

While public the job in the Talend Management Console the Runtime selected was Remote Engine or the Cloud or Cloud Exclusive? 

Best regards

Sabrina

MattE
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Remote Engine is selected. Is there a way to publish with the passwords embedded as you could prior to 7.3?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I will make an investigation on your issue and then come back to you as soon as we can.

Best regards

Sabrina

COW_WW
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have the same issue. When I publish my job to the cloud the password is getting cleared. I won't create a task for this job (where I could set the password) because I'm planning to trigger this job from the other jobs so I'd like the password to be embedded in the job itself.

Is there any solution for this?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could you please indicate on which talend build version you got this issue? V 7.3.1?

Best regards

Sabrina

COW_WW
Contributor
Contributor

The version is 8.0.1

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Are you using Connection Parameters in your environments?

This is better than using Context variables that are defined at design time is that when the context parameters are passed to the Remote Engine they are not encrypted (job design can change this with routines but it involves some job design).

The Connection Parameters is the best practice and should be used with Talend Cloud.

Please have a look at this online documentation:

https://help.talend.com/r/en-US/Cloud/studio-user-guide-big-data/context-parameters

Best regards

Sabrina