Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mitz
Contributor II
Contributor II

There is data retrieved, No Errors but not loading to SQL DB server

Hello,

The data being extracted in my Talend job is not loading to the SQL database server, so I want to see if there is a problem with the logic., please see the attached image. I even successfully retrieved the data from Salesforce and saved it as a csv file. But even though I don't receive any error messages when I try to load it into SQL, it still doesn't write or load properly. I've already given the SQL account I'm using in the SQL Database server the ability to create, insert, and update tables, but it's been ineffective.

Am I overlooking anything here? Please advice. Thank you.

Regards,

Mitz

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lord-Vader
Contributor III
Contributor III

1. Use the commit and rollback component.(see my screenshot)
  2. Check the schema at the output component look at the DB_COLUMN.
  3. Also don't forget to set the action on table(create if not exist) and action on data(insert) or depends on what your doing.

GG hope this helps.

0695b00000htVMZAA2.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lord-Vader
Contributor III
Contributor III

1. Use the commit and rollback component.(see my screenshot)
  2. Check the schema at the output component look at the DB_COLUMN.
  3. Also don't forget to set the action on table(create if not exist) and action on data(insert) or depends on what your doing.

GG hope this helps.

0695b00000htVMZAA2.png

Mitz
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks @kevin cork​ . I followed your recommendations above however it's still not writing to the database. I've checked again all the necessary permissions in the server, database, schema and down to the table, still the same. 😟

Mitz
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello @kevin cork​ 

I refresh my SQL DB connection (edit connection > retrieve the schema and table) from the Metadata and select the "update or insert" from the action on data then it works.

Thanks much for your help. 😉