Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mshafeeq
Contributor II
Contributor II

TimpalaInput Could not open client transport with JDBC Uri Kerberos principal should have 3 parts:

hello all,

i'm designing a very basic job, select data from impala and hive DBs and insert it into Ipmala table

timpala output and DB connections components are working normally and i test it many times

timpalainput component failed with error java.sql.SQLException: Could not open client transport with JDBC Uri: jdbc:hive2://****/default;principal=;ssl=true;sslTrustStore=****.jks;trustStorePassword=*****;KrbRealm=***;KrbServiceName=impala;KrbHostFQDN=*****i;KrbAuthType=2;user=****;password=****: Kerberos principal should have 3 parts:

again all impala components using same connection string and working nromally but impalainput not working

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could you please check if the /etc/hive/conf/hive-site.xml file has the entry like the below:

<property>

<name>hive.metastore.kerberos.principal</name>

<value>hive/_HOST@EXAMPLE.COM</value>

<description>The service principal for the metastore thrift server. The special string _HOST will be replaced automatically with the correct hostname.</description>

</property>

Could you please populate these properties if not already present and let me know if the issue is resolved?

Best regards

Sabrina