Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
François_T
Contributor
Contributor

Tmap inner join reject not working : what am I doing wrong ?

I have my source, my lookup and I want to get what is in my source but NOT in my lookup

I have set an inner join, for all matching lines. With a column filter to link the two tables

(my join criteria : StringHandling.DOWNCASE(row1.VENDORPRODUCTNUMBER).equals(StringHandling.DOWNCASE(row2.VENDORPRODUCTNUMBER)) && 

StringHandling.DOWNCASE(row1.PRODUCTSIZEID).equals(StringHandling.DOWNCASE(row2.PRODUCTDESCRIPTION))

The output is set as "Catch lookup inner join reject", and I get ALL the source lines.

if I set the join as "left outer join" and my output as a regular one, I get ONLY the matching lines (even if I have set a left outer join).

So I really don't understand.

Does it come from my join using the filter expression ? (I need to use that to have lowercase on all the fields)

Thanks for any feedback, I'm really lost here !

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

You don't use the component correctly, you write the join criteria in filter expression, the filter expression is used to filter data from input data flow. You should convert the string to downcase before tMap.

Regards

Shong

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Where do you write this filter expression? Can you upload a screenshot of tMap?

Regards

Shong

François_T
Contributor
Contributor
Author

sure !

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

You don't use the component correctly, you write the join criteria in filter expression, the filter expression is used to filter data from input data flow. You should convert the string to downcase before tMap.

Regards

Shong

François_T
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Ok clear, I thought it could be used to join & filter at the same time. I'm fixing it. Thanks !

To convert the source to lowercase, there is no component to do it on ALL columns of an Excel file ? Tmap, or Tjavarow are the solutions to modify column by column, right ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, there is no an option to convert the columns to lowercase automatically, you have to hard code on tMap or tJavaRow to do it column by column.