Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xrocq
Contributor III
Contributor III

Transform columns into a positional line

Hello,

I have to transform a column schema into a postional row to insert it in a db table.

But i cannot find a component (like the tFileOutputPositional) who is not making a file

For the moment the best thing i found :

0683p000009M97S.png

Is there any component with the tFileOutputPositional options to configure a positional line from an inpunt schema ?

thx for help

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
uzix
Creator
Creator

hello,

in tFileOutputPositional you have a schema defined , yes ? you can define therre the size for each column

copy that schema and use it in tFileinputpositional

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

@xrocq, I think I don't understand your question well, can you please take an example to explain your requirement?

Regards
Shong
xrocq
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Sorry for my confused explanation,

My input is delimited= "name;surname"

What i need is a positional structure to insert in a DB like that = "name      surname   "

uzix
Creator
Creator

hello,

in tFileOutputPositional you have a schema defined , yes ? you can define therre the size for each column

copy that schema and use it in tFileinputpositional

xrocq
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi uzix, thx for helping.

My objective is to not use file

In fact my input is a JSONB from a database and i have to transform it in a Positional structure and insert it in a VARCHAR column.

This is currently working with a temporary positional file (tFileOutput) structure but i'm looking for a way without using a tFile.

uzix
Creator
Creator

you can do it via java,for instance

System.out.printf("%s                 %s", "name", "surname");

xrocq
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thx for the idea but i prefer to keep the tFileOutputPositional step with the userFriendly setting table for every column of the schema, because the schema is heavy (200 columns).

I was looking for the same component without making a file like an hypothetic "tPositionalRow" or "tOracleOutputPositional"