Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dipanjan93
Contributor
Contributor

Transpose rows to columns

Hi All,

I'm currently working with excel file as my source data. So is it possible to transpose its rows to a single column.

For your reference, I'm attaching the image where rows values for the 1st column would act as the target columns and the values corresponding to each row of the 1st column would act as the values for each of the target column.

Please help me in this regards.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Dipanjan

Labels (3)
1 Solution
9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

fdenis
Master
Master

you can try to use tnormalize
dipanjan93
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Is it possible that my desired output is of the form as attached in the image?

If so could you please suggest an end-to-end flow on that part.

TrasposedSourceData.JPG
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. Have a look at the link the I provided and give it a try

dipanjan93
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @rhall,

I did try your approach, however, I was able to get only the 1st row that is column name in output. And due to which I couldn't proceed further with rest of the data set.

Please help me in this regards.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Dipanjan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, I misunderstood what you wanted. This will probably take a bit of Java to do this as you simply want to turn the data on its side. I'm a bit busy right now, but may be able to knock something up a bit later. I assume that you want a CSV output? This is important has your output column types will have to be String in order to suit this.

dipanjan93
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @rhall,

It doesn't matter, datatype at the output side can be anything. Though we can always cast that inside tmap.

Right now, the main point of concern for me is to transpose the data up side down.

Hope this make sense!

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tech Blog # Talend - Row to Column Transpose

Hey Guys! We have come up with a detailed blog on Row to Column Transpose in Talend.

Read it here - https://www.learningsutras.net/post/tech-blog-talend-transpose-rows-into-columns

For more blogs on Talend - Join us for FREE or Subscribe to our site www.learningsutras.net

#talend #learningsutras #techblog