Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to edit routine libraries

I need to import several google libraries into my project for oauth and using google drive api. I have attempted sevaral different ways to load libraries:
Window > Preferences > Java > Buildpath > Classpath
Window > Preferences > Java > Buildpath > User Libraries
But my import statements are not recognized.
Then, I tried to import external jars with the Module view, but still no success.
Finally, I have tried to 'Edit Routine Libraries' for my custom java routine, but the 'New' and 'Remove' buttons are both greyed-out, and I am puzzled by this message:
"Please unlock the item to config external libraries for routine."
If anyone can help me, I need to be able use Google's API to OAuth into Google Drive, and make various calls.
I would really rather not have to make a series of consecutive http requests to their rest api if i can help it...
Thank you so much!
Royce
0683p000009MBuS.jpg
Labels (4)
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Have you checked document TalendHelpCenter:How to install external modules in the Talend products.
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes I have, thank you.
I followed the instructions "To install modules downloaded from external websites"
All of the dependencies have been placed in "C:\...\Talend\TOS_BD-r110020-V5.4.0\lib\java"
Yet, all of my import statements cannot be resolved, ex:
import com.google.api.services.drive.Drive;
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello
Have you resolve your problem. I have the same.
Thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi jcbarrez,
Could you tell us the build version you are using? What's your OS and JDK?
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi!
Do not edit the routine at the same time.
If you close the routine editing, you can select "Edit Routine Libraries" and now the button "New..." is enabled.