Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ekta-kapoor
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to execute HTTP request for tS3Get Component

I'm trying to retrieve files from S3, I have been able to successfully connect and list all of the buckets in my S3 instance, however, I cannot retrieve any keys. I am receiving an error every time stating unable to execute HTTP requests. Could someone help me out to figure out why this is occurring?

Labels (2)
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you post the error you are getting please? Please make sure you remove anything private. It would be better if the error is received as text so that we can copy and paste sections to investigate. It might be helpful to see your job structure as well and maybe even your tS3Get configuration (again, hide anything private).

ekta-kapoor
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I am receiving the same error with the tS3List and tS3Get components, this is the error:

Unable to execute HTTP request: [bucket].localhost

The full error from tS3List is:

WARNING: [tS3List_1] failed to list objects from bucket [bucketname]

WARNING: [tS3List_1] Unable to execute HTTP request: [bucketname].localhost

WARNING: [tS3List_1] failed to list objects from bucket [bucketname]

WARNING: [tS3List_1] Unable to execute HTTP request: [bucketname].localhost

0695b00000N1Bo6AAF.png0695b00000N1BqbAAF.png 

With both components, I am using the connection from tS3Connection - this is the component, I have a built-in region and endpoint:

0695b00000N1BsXAAV.png 0695b00000N1Bt1AAF.png 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your "custom region endpoint" looks a bit strange. Why is it set to localhost?

ekta-kapoor
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Connecting to MinIO

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, OK. I don't know MinIO, but I strongly suspect that is to do with your machine (or the software) not being capable of identifying the IP address of "localhost". Back in the day you'd just add this to the HOSTS file (Windows). An easy test of this would be to change "localhost" to 127.0.0.1.

ekta-kapoor
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Changing localhost to 127.0.0.1, worked. Thank you so much!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad it worked!