Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PDIOUF1632816531
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to read Hyperfiles from classic HFSQL database with Talend

Hello,

I'm actually encountering a problem with the connection to hyperfiles with Talend.

In fact, I'm unable to read Hyperfile files, from a classic HDFSQL database, stored on a remote directory. Moreover, the files I need to read are protected by a password.

So far, we identified 2 solutions :

1 . I used the ODBC driver provided by PC Soft and installed a JDBC-ODBC bridge :

The ODBC driver does not allow to read files protected by a password. So this solution is not the most suitable for us.

However, I tested that solution on unprotected files and they were not conclusive, I encountered a java.sql.sqlexception error, without any message.

2. I used the OLEDB driver provided by PC Soft :

(This driver allows decrypting password protected files).

This method requires installing dll files (janet), as well as the 2010 version of redistributable VC++, and reinstating deprecated components (tOleDBinput).

Although all these prerequisites have been met, the tests were still unconclusive,

I am getting the following error :

# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:

# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x00007fffd8123fe9, pid=19276, tid=6636

# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 18.9 (11.0.8+10) (build 11.0.8+10-LTS)

# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 18.9 (11.0.8+10-LTS, mixed mode, tiered, compressed oops, g1 gc, windows-amd64)

# Problematic frame:

# C [KERNELBASE.dll+0x43fe9]

I've tested the OLEDB driver with an external tool (excel), by importing some Hyperfiles, and it worked quite well.

At this point I need to know if there is a solution or a workaround to handle hyperfiles with Talend.

Thanks !

Labels (2)
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could you please clarify in which Talend version/edition you are?

Here is online installation guide for talend open studio data integration V 7.3.1 about: TalendHelpCenter: compatible-java-environments

Hope it helps.

Best regards

Sabrina

PDIOUF1632816531
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello Sabrina,

I'm using Talend Open Studio for ESB V 7.3.1

Pape

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Is it windev hyperfile(windev .fi, file format)?

Usually, we connect to hyperfile db with ODBC and then use it on tDBInput component.

What's the full error message are you getting with ODBC?

Best regards

Sabrina

PDIOUF1632816531
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello,

Yes it's windev hyperfiles (.FIC and .ndx) from a classical HDFSQL database. 

The problem with the ODBC driver is that it doesn't support files protected by a password (what is normally the case for OLEDB).

However, I try using the ODBC on some unprotected files, with tDBInput and by installing a JDBC-ODBC bridge (CData) but I just get the following error (without any message) :

java.sql.sqlexception error

It's the full error message I get.

Best regards,

Pape

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could you please try to write

Password=MyFile1:Password1;

Password=MyFile2:Password2

into "Additional ODBC Parameters" in "Advanced settings" in tDBInput to see if it is OK with you?

http://doc.pcsoft.fr/en-US/?9000059

Best regards

Sabrina

PDIOUF1632816531
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello,

Unfortunately that doesn't work

And as I said, I even tried the ODBC on unprotected files and it doesn't work either

Best regards,

Pape

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could you please create a work item jira issue of DI project on talend bug tracker and attach a sample decrypting password protected file that we can make a test? Our developer will check it to see if there is any workaround for your use case.

Best regards

Sabrina