Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stamen_Nikolov
Contributor
Contributor

Update fields from a csv in a flow with tfilelist

Hi all,

I`m having a flow where I am upserting customers to Salesfore with a tfilelist, because I have several csv files (1 per country). I`d like to enhance the flow and introduce a global Id value for all customers. I will receive the Global IDs in a single CSV file. Wondering how can I do the flow, so the 1st CSV file with Customers to get as much Global IDs as it`s needed, and then 2nd file to continue with the next Global IDs. 

Example: 1st csv file with Customers has 1.000 records. I`m having the csv with 10.000 global IDs. The 1st Customer file gets the first 1.000 global IDs and update a specific field in the mapping and once the upsert is completed and when 2nd file for Customers is read it will take the next global IDs starting from row 1.001.0683p000009M12u.png

Labels (3)
2 Replies
TRF
Champion II
Champion II

I suggest you to merge all the csv files to produce a single file with all the data for all the countries. This way you will reduce the number of calls to Salesforce.
Then, to get what you call the global IDs, you have to use a join with the "country" file.
If there is no natural key to make the join, the easier is to add a new field for both files populated with a sequence number.
This way, country 1 goes with ID 1, country 2 with ID 2 and so on.
Stamen_Nikolov
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi TRF,

I can not merge Customers files. There are several reason for this, which iwill not go into details, but I just can`t. So the question is - Is there a way to introduce the Global Id from just a single file. If not - I was thinking of add another tfilelist component and create global id csv files for each country. Would that work, what do you think?