Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsgorre
Contributor
Contributor

Use tFileOutputMSPositional to generate a multischema positional file

Hello everyone,

For several days now, I've been going around in circles and I can't find any solution with the tFileOutputMSPositional component.

I have already used the tFileInputMSPositional component to extract data from a positional file with multiple schemas, and I didn't encounter any difficulties.

In this case, I need to extract data from 2 different data sources (data corresponding to headers on one side, and detailed data linked to these headers on the other side).

The goal is to generate my positional file with both types of schemas.

Before posting my message, I have, of course, extensively tested various solutions and conducted research on the internet, but I couldn't find any information...

The Talend documentation is really poor on the subject, and there are no examples to support it...

To give you a more precise idea of the objective, here is what I'm trying to achieve:

0695b00000husFTAAY.jpg

I have replicated a portion of my job with this file generation in the following job:

The common field between the two data sources is 'key'.

Of course, in my data rows, I don't want to include the value of this field. I have tried 0 and 1 for the first position.

0695b00000husFdAAI.png

0695b00000husG7AAI.png

After all attempts, unfortunately, I still get the same error:

0695b00000husFsAAI.png

Upon closer inspection of the error in the code generated by Talend, we can see that the 'append' method does not have a parameter:

0695b00000husFiAAI.png

Is this related to an issue with the component itself?

Has anyone successfully used this component before?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Labels (5)
2 Replies
anselmopeixoto
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi @Jean-Sébastien Gorre​ 

Try using single quotes in the Padding char ("Caractère de remplissage").

However, I believe you will need to keep the key column for the records. This is what links them together.

Here is a working example:

0695b00000hutrOAAQ.png

jsgorre
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello @Anselmo Peixoto​ 

Thank you so much for your quick answer to my post!

So much frustration to find out that my problem come from this little detail of using string instead of character... (and so obvious now..)

Unfortunately error message was so obscur to get this kind of information.

I need now to find a solution to get rid of key in detail lines, probably with an extra step after generating my file.

Thank you again for your help 😉

js